Grape : Pinot Noir
Farming : Agriculture raisonnée
History : Domaine Méo-Camuzet was founded at the beginning of the last century when Mr Étienne Camuzet, a member of the French Parliament for the Côte d'Or from 1902 to 1932, began to select vineyards whose location and reputation were of particular interest to him. He was the last single owner of the Château before donating it to the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin. His daughter, Maria Noirot, inherited his vineyards but she herself had no children so, at her death in 1959, she bequeathed the domain to Jean Méo, who was then working in the staff of Général de Gaulle. As of 1985, the estate began selling under its own label, directly from the cellars. And after 1988, it progressively took charge of the vineyards as the contacts with the vintners expired. Of course, this was no longer manageable from Paris and a "return to the land" was needed. Jean-Nicolas Méo, son of Jean Méo, then took responsibility and is now in charge of technical and administrative matters. He is helped in these tasks by Henri Jayer who advises him on winemaking and by Christian Faurois, vineyard manager.
The top value of the domaine : An amazing reputation with top scores in every revue around the world!